UIC Disability Resources
UIC is committed to maintaining a barrier-free environment that enables individuals with disabilities to fully access programs, services and all activities on campus.
To provide effective assistance to students with disabilities, the Disability Resource Center provides a broad range of services, from eligibility documentation, assistive technology, deaf/hard of hearing services and classroom access to exam accommodations, note taking, computing resources and transportation. Ultimately, our goal is to help students with disabilities reach their maximum effectiveness and optimum level of performance.
For more specific information, visit:
- Disability Resource Center
- Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Persons with Disabilities (CCSPD)
- Office for Access and Equity. Provides employee accommodations as well as a variety of other services to the UIC community on issues related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, harassment, and diversity.
- Online Reporting of UIC Accessibility Issues
- UIC Nondiscrimination Statement
- Disability Services Notification
- Department of Disability and Human Development
- Great Lakes ADA and IT Center
- The Institute on Disability and Human Development (IDHD)
- Assistive Technology Certificate Program
- PhD in Disability Studies
- Division of Specialized Care for Children
- UIC National Research and Training Center on Psychiatric Disability
- ASL Social Club
Information and resources to help webmasters create and maintain accessible websites:
Computing and Libraries
Updated list of available ACCC accessible workstations and other assistive technology information.
Locations, hours, and assistive technology
Assistive technology and services.
- UIC Paratransit Services
- Metra Accessibility
- Metra Schedules
- CTA Accessibility
- CTA Routes and Schedules
- (312) 996-7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org