UIC is committed to maintaining a barrier-free environment that enables individuals with disabilities to fully access programs, services and all activities on campus.
To provide effective assistance to students with disabilities, the Disability Resource Center provides a broad range of services, from eligibility documentation, assistive technology, deaf/hard of hearing services and classroom access to exam accommodations, note taking, computing resources and transportation. Ultimately, our goal is to help students with disabilities reach their maximum effectiveness and optimum level of performance.
For more information, visit: Heading link
- Disability Resource Center
- Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Persons with Disabilities (CCSPD)
- Office for Access and Equity. Provides employee accommodations as well as a variety of other services to the UIC community on issues related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, harassment, and diversity.
- Accessibility Policy Committee
- Disability Cultural Center
- Online Reporting of UIC Accessibility Issues
- UIC Nondiscrimination Statement
- Disability Services Notification
- Department of Disability and Human Development
- Great Lakes ADA and IT Center
- The Institute on Disability and Human Development (IDHD)
- Assistive Technology Certificate Program
- PhD in Disability Studies
- Division of Specialized Care for Children
- UIC National Research and Training Center on Psychiatric Disability
Information and resources to help webmasters create and maintain accessible websites: Heading link
Campus Heading link
Accessibility maps are available as PDF files for download: East Side Accessibility Map and West Side Accessibility Map.
Teaching and Learning Heading link
Assistive technology and services.
Student Organizations Heading link
Facilities Heading link
(312) 996-7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org